The Panoz Racing School Hot Laps program was developed to provide you with the opportunity to ride at the most exciting racetracks in North America, in the hottest car – the Panoz GT-RA – driven by the world’s best instructors. The Hot Laps program allows you to experience the thrill of racing. Enrollment is limited.
The Panoz Racing School Track Days program has been developed to provide you with the opportunity to drive your automobile at one of the most exciting racetracks in North America, Road Atlanta. The Panoz Racing School provides professional instruction for Track Days. This will insure a safe and controlled event for you to learn and have fun.
We ask you to remember that safety is our number one priority and anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be ejected from the event without a refund. If any questions arise concerning safety please do not hesitate to ask an instructor.
The events operate rain or shine, so come to the track prepared. No refunds will be given.
Please read and follow the rules so that everyone‚Äôs experience will be safe and enjoyable. We operate under the ‚ÄúThree Strikes and You’re Out‚Äù philosophy, meaning that if you have more than three incidences, including, spins, offs, black flags, etc. you will be removed from the event without a refund.
There is a county ordinance at Road Atlanta called ‚Äúquiet time‚Äù on Sundays from 10:00am-12:30 pm. During that time period no un-muffled cars are to be operated.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and have a current driver‚Äôs license.
- If the participant has not driven the track before, the participant will be placed in Group C.
- All drivers and passengers must wear a Snell 2000 or better helmet. Helmets are available for rent for $20 per day from the Panoz Racing School.
- Proper shoes must be worn, no sandals or open toed shoes. We suggest sneakers.
- Drivers are responsible for the conduct and safety of their guests.
- All passengers must be registered and have an armband. Passengers are not permitted to drive. Passengers must be at least 16 yrs of age. Those passengers under the age of 18 will be required to fill out a Minor waiver. This form will require the signature of the passenger‚Äôs parent and/or legal guardian.
- The Track Days fee is per driver, not per car. You may bring more than one car to the events.
- Instructors are not permitted to drive student‚Äôs vehicles.
- Drivers must attend the drivers meeting the morning of the event.
- Vehicles in all groups must receive a Technical Inspection from a certified mechanic prior to the event, this will not be done at the track, and all vehicles in all groups must pass the track Safety Inspection.
- Convertibles in the A and B Groups must have an approved roll bar installed.
- Car numbers will be provided and are to be placed on the top-center of the windshield.
- All vehicles must have lap and shoulder belts or an up-graded race harness installed.
- The driver‚Äôs side window and passenger‚Äôs side, if a passenger is riding, must be down. Sunroof must be closed.
- The following mildly prepared racecars are usually allowed in all groups with prior approval from the Panoz Racing School.
Grand Touring (GT3-5 only)
United States Touring Car Championship (USTCC)
North American Bavarian Racing
Camaro / Mustang Challenge
- Ferrari Challenge (all years)
* All cars must have DOT approved tires with visible grooves.
Track Day Q&A
|Q:||Do I need any experience?|
|A:||No! We offer various run groups for novice to experienced track participants:|
Group A: Designed for drivers that have verifiable prior experience on the particular track.
Group B: Designed for the driver who would like to gradually explore the limits in a safe and controlled environment.
Group C: Designed for participant who has little, if any, experience on the track.
|Q:||How fast can I expect to go?|
|A:||Unless you are a first timer to a track event you will be allowed to explore the limits of your vehicle providing you are driving in a safe and controlled manner.|
|Q:||Will I be allowed to pass?|
|A:||Groups A & B are allowed to pass in designated areas.|
|Q:||Can I bring guests or passengers?|
|A:||Yes! You may bring guests to spectate and all groups allow passengers to ride along with you, however they must be at least 16 years of age. If the participant is under 18 years of age a parental consent or minor waiver is required.|
|Q:||Will I need a helmet?|
|A:||Yes! All drivers and passengers are required to wear a Snell 2000 or above approved helmet. Helmet rentals are available through the Panoz Racing School if necessary.|
|Q:||What about lunch?|
|A:||Lunch is included for Track Days drivers. Guests may purchase lunches.|
|Q:||What kind of instruction will I receive?|
|A:||The Track Days program is facilitated by the professional driving instructors from the Panoz Racing School. Panoz Racing School instructors are assigned to each group, providing the best instruction available.|
|Q:||Will fuel be available at the track?|
|A:||Yes! At Road Atlanta fuel sales will be available with octane offerings 93 to 110, payment by credit card only.|
|Q:||Can I switch groups during the day?|
|A:||NO! Most programs are sold out and we are unable to move participants from group to group.|
|Q:||How much actual track time can I expect?|
|A:||Approximately 2 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.|